|Occupation|| Pirate captain (formerly) |
Owner of a Shipping Company (formerly)
Crystal Queen (formerly)
Apple plantation owner (current)
|Relatives|| Unnamed mother|
|Introduced in||"Slumber Party Panic"|
|Lastest appearance||"Come Along With Me"|
|Voiced by|| Polly Lou Livingston|
Yuka Nakatsukasa (Japan)
Hadar Schahaf Ma'ayan (Israel)
|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the episode.|
In "Ring of Fire," a lot of information on Tree Trunks' past is revealed. It is revealed that she is from Tiny Mammal Kingdom. After graduating from high school she had plans of adventure, but her high school sweetheart, Randy, proposed to her. The two had a small wedding at a local courthouse. But right before they were going to leave for their honeymoon, Tree Trunks left Randy and went away to sea.
At sea, Tree Trunks became the captain of a pirate ship named La Femme du la Mer. She lost one of her eyes at some point, and covers it with an eyepatch. One day the ship came across an attractive boar named Danny and his disadvantaged "brother" Peanut, who claimed to have survived a shipwreck. Tree Trunks decided to leave the ship and be with Danny, and they quickly married on a nearby island. However, that night Tree Trunks found out that Peanut was a dummy and his sob story was completely fabricated, and realized that Danny had only married her with intentions of getting her away from the pirate ship so that Mr. Faidutti could take charge. So she divorced Danny and marooned him on the island. She blew up her old ship, presumably killing Mr. Faidutti.
With all of her treasure Tree Trunks became the owner of a shipping company, which may have had ties with MO Co. She begins wearing a glass eye. She had a secretary named Wyatt. She fell in love with him, and the two eventually married. Following their marriage, Tree Trunks sold the shipping company and gave all the money to the King of Ooo. Unlike her previous husbands whom she married within a short amount of time, she took time to know Wyatt. The two had a big wedding and were married for a long time. They moved into a house in an apple orchard.
In "Joshua and Margaret Investigations", Tree Trunks reported to Joshua and Margaret that a monster was stealing her apple pies. The monster turned out to be Wyatt, wearing snow shoes to disguise his footprints so he could steal the pies. In "Ring of Fire", Tree Trunks also reprimanded Wyatt for eating too much pie. His demanding appetite for pies led to the eventual deterioration of their marriage, and they ended up divorcing. According to Wyatt in "Apple Wedding", they divorced because he was stifling her spirit.
By the time the show takes place, Tree Trunks is living on her own in the apple orchard. She is first seen in the Adventure Time opening sequence in the Candy Kingdom. She is officially introduced in "Slumber Party Panic" and "Evicted!" but only has very minor appearances.
Her first major appearance is the self-titled episode "Tree Trunks." After taking a bite out of the Crystal Gem Apple, she appears to mysteriously explode but is later seen laughing and walking happily. It is later revealed in "Crystals Have Power" that she had become the insane overlord of the Crystal Dimension and renamed herself Quartzion the Crystal Queen. She tries to make Finn rule with her, but Finn and Jake rescue her from her insanity by making her spit out the Crystal Gem Apple.
Tree Trunks is then later seen in "Apple Thief" when she assumes some ne'er-do-wells stole her apples, and it's up to Finn, Jake, and Tree Trunks herself to solve the mystery. This leads them on a wild goose chase around the Candy Kingdom's diamond black market. They rescue Mr. Pig from Jaybird and his gang, and he helps her discover that her apples were being stolen by birds and dropped down into her own wardrobe through a hole in the roof. Since Mr. Pig is homeless, he stays living with Tree Trunks. In "Dream of Love," Tree Trunks enters a romantic relationship with Mr. Pig. They are seen spending time together in episodes like "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II" and "Love Games". In "Apple Wedding", the two plan to get married by the King of Ooo. Their wedding is crashed by Princess Bubblegum in her attempts to find a reason to send the King of Ooo to jail. Princess Bubblegum ends up incarcerating all the attendees of the wedding. Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig get married in the jail cell, and Princess Bubblegum finds this so touching that she lets them all go.
In "Mystery Dungeon", Tree Trunks is forced to team up with Neptr, Shelby, and the Earl of Lemongrab to defeat the dungeon holding the Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving so that Ice King can attempt to bring his Fionna and Cake Omnibus to life. Ice King's plan fails.
By "Escape from the Citadel", Tree Trunks has begun to grow tired of marriage again. She begins to suggest she and Mr. Pig get a "di—" when the doorbell rings. They open the door to find The Lich, now a giant baby, and Tree Trunks joyfully exclaims that this "changes everything." They name the baby "Sweet Pig-Trunks", or "Sweet P" for short, and adopt him as their own child.
In "High Strangeness", Tree Trunks joins the Veritas Brigade after she accuses Princess Bubblegum of being a fascist for accidentally firing rockets into her alien husband's spaceship. The rockets contained candy probes which were harming her hybrid children. Tree Trunks forgives Princess Bubblegum after she realizes her mistake, saying that while they will never be friends, they "can respect each other as mothers, and as fellow believers in the infinite promise of the cosmos above."
Tree Trunks is transformed into a candy version of herself during the events of "Elements", traumatising Sweet P, who is immune to the effects of the elemental spell. Like the rest of Ooo, she is cured by Lumpy Space Princess' anti-elemental power.
Tree Trunks has the personality of a gentle, older Southern woman, complete with a Texan accent and a polite, complimentary disposition. Throughout her titular episode, she constantly puts herself in dangerous situations—much to Finn's annoyance—due to her naïveté. She often uses her cuteness to complete tasks by wearing a lot of makeup and seducing her subjects. While riding on Finn's back, Jake says she could ride higher on his back, but Finn stops him, saying she has a weak heart. Based on the events in Blade of Grass, she can tell whether swords are cursed or not through the way the sword perfectly slices through an apple.
Tree Trunks loves to bake, as seen in "Slumber Party Panic," where she's seen carrying hot buns. In her self-titled episode, she makes Finn and Jake apple pies. She seems to be a perfectionist when it comes to her pies, going to a very dark place if anything goes wrong with one of them. After she is released from her Crystal Gem power in "Crystals Have Power," Tree Trunks tells Finn that she likes him a lot. This strikes an odd chord with most viewers as Tree Trunks, based off her voice and personality, is an older character and Finn was a thirteen-year-old boy at the time. She also adopted a baby in "Escape from the Citadel" which is strange she seems to be elderly. In the same episode, Jake calls her "sassy," though it is highly likely he was talking about Quartzion. But Tree Trunks still loves Finn and nothing will change her mind about it.
Tree Trunks also seems to have very strong, but misguided morals as in "Apple Thief," she would turn herself in for stealing her own apples and in Dream of Love, where she and Mr. Pig would publicly share their affection with each other, and although they try, they hide it poorly. Tree Trunks also doesn't want the two to stay at her house because it would be inappropriate for an unmarried couple to stay in the same house. However, at the beginning of the episode, Tree Trunks mentions that Mr. Pig had been staying with her since the affairs in "Apple Thief."
In "Always BMO Closing", Tree Trunks is seen writing a novel.
She is a small, yellow-green elephant with wrinkly skin. She also has a small pink bow tied onto her tail. Her ears resemble oven mitts. As of "Apple Wedding," Tree Trunks wears a wedding ring on her left front leg after marrying Mr. Pig. In "Ring of Fire" it is revealed that one of her eyes is a glass eye, but the difference is imperceivable.
Quartzion the Crystal Queen
In "Crystals Have Power," Tree Trunks returns with a new evil personality as main antagonist and mastermind of the episode. It is revealed that when she ate the Crystal Gem Apple and exploded, she was actually sent to the Crystal Dimension. There, she became Quartzion the Crystal Queen and ruled the Crystal Guardians, who were in love with her. Although the apple also gave her ultimate power, it overwhelmed her and made her, as Finn put it, "bananas with crystal power." Noticeable physical changes were present when she became Quartzion, as she grew to a significantly larger size and gained both gem-shaped eyes and a gray tint to her skin color. Her belly became pink. The abilities that she gained from eating the Crystal Gem Apple included flight via flapping her ears and the ability to shoot a highly destructive energy beam from her trunk. She had her Crystal Guardians kidnap Finn after she fell madly in love with him, with the intention of transforming him into her "sexy crystal king," to which Jake tried to stop them using non-violence. When Finn refused to be her king, she tried to kill him and Jake while still trying to convince Finn to marry her. After Jake realizes that he can hurt anybody that is evil from a vision with his father, he kicks the Crystal Gem Apple out of Tree Trunks and she returns to normal, with Finn also reverting to his normal form. She apologizes and admits her admiration for Finn, and goes back with Finn and Jake for apple pie through a portal generated by the Crystal Gem Apple.
Tree Trunks seems to be surprisingly strong, as demonstrated when she managed to break her handcuffs in the episode "Apple Thief," which made the Banana Guards say "Wow" in amazement. She can absorb water into her trunk, which she sometimes uses to water her plants. With her sweetness and makeup, she can sometimes stall and seduce enemies. When she ate the Crystal Apple, she gained the ability to fly and shoot an energy beam from her trunk which can disintegrate any person. She knows basic first aid, managing to resuscitate the Earl of Lemongrab after he loses much of his juice. She also makes excellent apple pies, which even the Earl of Lemongrab has deemed "acceptable."
- "Tree Trunks"
- "Crystals Have Power"
- "Apple Thief"
- "Dream of Love"
- "Five More Short Graybles" (grayble)
- "Mystery Dungeon
- "Apple Wedding"
- "Summer Showers"
- "High Strangeness"
- "Ring of Fire"
- "Slumber Party Panic" (debut)
- "Video Makers"
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II"
- "Burning Low" (dream cameo)
- "Love Games"
- "Blade of Grass"
- "Bad Timing"
- "Escape from the Citadel"
- "Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe"
- "Joshua and Margaret Investigations"
- "Jake The Brick" (cameo)
- "Dentist" (cameo)
- "The Cooler"
- "The Pajama War"
- "Gold Stars"
- "Hoots" (cameo)
- "Be Sweet"
- "The Comet" (comet projection)
- "Beyond the Grotto" (Bush Boots, Grotto Version)
- "Two Swords" (pictured)
- "Skyhooks" (Treat Trunks)
- "Hero Heart" (Treat Trunks)
- "Skyhooks II"
- "Whispers" (flashback, non-speaking)
- "Always BMO Closing"
- "Seventeen" (flashback)
- "Diamonds and Lemons"
- "Come Along With Me"
- Main article: Tree Trunks' relationships
See Tree Trunks/Quotes.
- Tree Trunks explodes in the episode "Tree Trunks," but was seen dancing in "Evicted!" According to Pendleton Ward, this is because "Evicted!" takes place before "Tree Trunks."
- Originally, in the episode "Tree Trunks," the episode creators wanted Tree Trunks just to explode, but the Cartoon Network officials thought that it would be too morbid for younger viewers. However, in the "My Two Favorite People" DVD release, the scene of Tree Trunks in the Crystal Dimension was not included.
- She can get a recently baked pie from the oven with just her trunk without suffering a burn.
- In "Video Makers," she is shown to be in Finn and Jake's Movie Club.
- Tree Trunks might have the abilities to understand which thing is cursed, as she knew that Finn's grass sword was cursed right after checking her cut apple.
- Her favorite drink is apple juice, as shown in "Video Makers."
- Tree Trunks has lipstick according to Finn in "Crystals Have Power."
- She has a gender-swapped version of herself named Tail Tufts.
- Tree Trunks has 3 ex-husbands.
- Tree Trunks uses her trunk to water her garden.
- Tree Trunks lives in the Grasslands which is part of the Candy Kingdom, as evidenced by being arrested by the Banana Guards in "Apple Thief" and being invited to the Candy Kingdom by Princess Bubblegum in "Slumber Party Panic."
- Tree Trunks can control her ears and raise them so that they look like wings, as seen in the episode "Apple Thief."
- In "Burning Low," Tree Trunks appears in Jake's dream after he falls asleep during Princess Bubblegum's explanation of why Finn should not see Flame Princess anymore.
- Before season 6, she had starred in at least one episode for each season ("Tree Trunks" in season 1, "Crystals Have Power" in season 2, "Apple Thief" in season 3, "Dream of Love" in season 4 and "Mystery Dungeon," "Five More Short Graybles," and "Apple Wedding" in season 5).
- Season 5 is the first season that Tree Trunks has more than one major role.
- She did not have a major appearance in season 6 making it the first season she did not have a major appearance, but has the most episode appearances by far with a total of 11 episodes.
- After season 6, she had again starred in at least one episode for each season ("Summer Showers" in season 7, "High Strangeness" in season 8, and "Ring of Fire" in season 9).
- Technically, when she became Quartzion, she became a temporary magic user.
- The name Quartzion comes from the mineral quartz.
- Writing under the pen name T.T. MacDangereuse, Tree Trunks is credited as the author of the Epic Tales from Adventure Time series.
- According to the Adventure Time Theme Song, Tree Trunks is in the Candy Kingdom in part of the song, which might mean that the forest she is living in is near or in the Candy Kingdom. In the Adventure Time Encyclopædia, the updated map shows that her house is just outside of the main Candy Kingdom walls.
- In "Mystery Dungeon," Tree Trunks mispronounces almost everyone's names. She calls Ice King "Ice Cream," Lemongrab "Lemoncarb," and Neptr "Nectar," making Shelby the only one whose name is pronounced correctly. This may be because she had already known his name before or by the time of "Five More Short Graybles" or "Video Makers."
- In "Be Sweet," Lumpy Space Princess refers to Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig as "Mr. and Mrs. Pig-Trunks," implying "Trunks" may be her last name.
- In "High Strangeness," it is shown that Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig have a picture of Finn at the head of their bed.
|The full image gallery for Tree Trunks (character) may be viewed at Tree Trunks (character)/Gallery.|