| Content posted on this page should only pertain to improving the article itself.|
For all other types of discussion, please post them in the forums.
This includes (but is not limited to) theories, fanon images, discussion about how great someone is, fanon stories, etc. You have been warned.
Remember to sign your post by typing four tildes: (~~~~) Click here to start a new topic.
I think we should create separate pages for each issue, once they start coming out. One thing is, we can't use the number sign (#) in page names, so we'll have to figure out how to name them. --Cornprone 23:39, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- We could say "Issue no. 1," "Issue no. 2," and so on. --Sparda494 23:52, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
Is the comic connected to the series story line or is it just fanfiction? 188.8.131.52 11:08, February 6, 2012 (UTC) 6:07 February 6, 2012 (EST)
- It's not fanfiction, but I think we need to clearly mark information that comes from the comic vs. the show, because they may not follow the same continuity/canon. Maybe a template to tag stuff that only appeared in the comics. --Cornprone 23:50, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
Dang, I cannot find any issues in Michigan. I am dying to read a issue. 184.108.40.206 23:07, February 23, 2012 (UTC) 6:07 February 23, 2012 (EST)
Ryan North has said they are as canon as they can be. I propose the comics should be considered canon until an episode specifically contradicts a fact found in the comics. In otherwords, the shows take priority. For example, the addition of the Desert Kingdom and Marcelines age. Also, I'd like to see an article on the Bear Chief's dip recipe.LuckyDay 21:01, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Except that Muto said they're an alternate reality, meaning they're about as canon as the Dragon Ball Z movies. Taking place alongside the show but events in the comic have no bearing on it.--220.127.116.11 04:25, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Source? 13:42, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
I don't know if these comics are canon or not (they probably aren't), but should characters in the comics have their own page? Sky Monster 19:19, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I dunno. Haven't read the comics yet, so it's pretty hard to tell at this stage. When someone here has read them and they are totally different from the characters in the series, it might be a good idea. But I think we'll have to wait and see. The glorious First Consul of Rome 19:43, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- They aren't canon. I do think that any new characters should have their own pages, but we should absolutely write that they are comic-only characters.Alex IDV 20:06, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey guys, I agree with the plan discussed above. I made Template:ComicsCanon, which can be tagged at the top of any comics-only character page or comics section in an existing character page. Here's what it looks like:
|The following information is from the Adventure Time comic book series. It may not be part of the same canon or continuity as the animated series.|
- Let me know if any of the wording should be changed. Thanks. --Cornprone 23:46, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
I don't like the idea of a template at all. Giving a qualifier is okay but this makes them seem too apocryphal and we should avoid that. We should be going by Ryan North's words and assume its canon until their's a contradiction. In other words, the show has priority but the comics are still true. Until they say otherwise, there is no reason we should be contradicting what the creators say.LuckyDay 19:34, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone know when this will be available as a TBP release? 18.104.22.168 20:46, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
The comic editor said that they plan these in the future, but the exact date isn't known as for now. Kasumisty 21:07, March 16, 2012 (UTC)Kasumisty
Table with ominibus releases
The table on this article is great for people following the comics issue after issue, but doesn't mention at all the omnibus editions (we can say “TPB releases”? I just learned a new word!). I started to put together a table joining everything there: Utilisateur:Nclm/Adventure_Time_Comics. It's probably not usable as such in this wiki, but can provide a starting point. -- Nicolas (talk) 08:09, September 10, 2013 (UTC)
Similar inquiry about the video games. Alternate reality or not, I am wondering if, in relation to TV events, if we could place (based on what characters know, who they know, how they interact, what items they have, etc.) where the issues take place, like in between what 2 episodes, or at least rough placement in relation to seasons. BonnibelFlame (talk) 17:38, February 26, 2014 (UTC)