When an old flame comes calling on urgent business, Tree Trunks reconsiders both her wild past and her tranquil present.
Sweet P is playing with a toy car in the yard when Tree Trunks calls him to eat breakfast. He proclaims that he has the best life in the world, asking his mother if she has the best life in the world. She watches a leaf fall from a tree, allowing tears to fall from her eyes. Sweet P notices and asks why she is sad, but she quickly dismisses it and heads inside her home after Mr. Pig asks her to answer the phone.
Inside, Mr. Pig is cooking porridge for Sweet P when Tree Trunks answers the phone. On the line is Randy, her first husband. He wants to meet with her, and Tree Trunks is unsure but agrees.
At a diner, Randy asks Tree Trunks for his grandmother's ring, for him to propose to his girlfriend. Tree Trunks begins to reflect on her life. She recalls Randy proposing and her leaving him before the honeymoon.
She meets Daniel, her second husband, as a pirate. The night after they wed, she discovers a lie he told her. She maroons him on an island and leaves the life of a pirate.
Tree Trunks becomes a businesswoman specializing in trade. Wyatt, her third husband, meets her while working for her. She separates from him after he wants her to take care of him, with Wyatt saying he would throw the ring into a pit.
Randy is shocked by this, and shortly after, Mr. Pig crashes from the ceiling, worrying that Randy would take her away, but his worries are dismissed. Wyatt comes into the diner, wanting to fight Randy, but trips. Randy takes the ring while he is incapacitated and leaves the diner. Soon, Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig are having a moment for themselves.
- Sweet P
- Peanut (flashback)
- King of Ooo (flashback)
- Tiny Mammals (flashback)
- Mama Trunks (flashback, cameo)
- Pirates (flashback)
- Mr. Find Doody
- Giraffe waitress
- Steve Wolfhard has stated that this episode "was the most sex-mad" episode he has boarded for Adventure Time.
- This is the ninth (and final) episode (not counting the gender-swap episodes) in which both Finn and Jake neither appear nor are mentioned, the first being "Princess Day," the second being "Evergreen," the third being "Friends Forever," the fourth being "Be Sweet," the fifth being "Orgalorg," the sixth being "Varmints," the seventh being "Broke His Crown," and the eighth being "Lady Rainicorn of the Crystal Dimension."
- It is revealed in this episode that Tree Trunks has a false eye.
- The name of Tree Trunks' pirate ship, "La Femme Du La Mer," translates from French to "The Wife of the Sea" (tying in with the episode's theme).
- The title of this episode may be a reference to the Johnny Cash song of the same name.
- Tree Trunks as a businessperson and her ear/hairdo may be a reference to controversial businessman/President Donald Trump. This may be because "Trunks" in "Tree Trunks" sounds similar to "Trump."
- The title card for this episode parallels the title card for "Tree Trunks" with the aforementioned character being the focus and in the same pose in both.
- This is the first time Randy and Danny are given speaking roles. It is also their first appearances since "Apple Wedding."
- The promo art for "Min and Marty" implies that it was Tree Trunks' ship that rescued Martin.
- This episode was released early on the Cartoon Network app on December 7, 2017.
- ↑ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/adventure-time-with-finn-and-jake/listings/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/166089985499
- ↑ http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/168196573854/adventure-time-returns-on-sunday-december-17th
- ↑ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171113cartoon15/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wolfhard/status/937816524324093953