|2021 Music Hole Award Winner|
|This article is a winner of the 2021 Music Hole Awards. It won for the following category: Best IRL Composer|
Rebecca Sugar is an artist, composer, and director who is best known for their TV series Steven Universe and its epilogue series Steven Universe Future, as well as their award-winning animated short " ," their graphic novel " " and their work on Adventure Time.
They were nominated for both an Annie Award and an Emmy Award for their work as a writer and storyboard artist, partnered with Adam Muto in Adventure Time seasons two and three. She was also nominated for an Annie Award for her storyboard work with Cole Sanchez in seasons four and five. Rebecca has the distinction of being in the 2012 Forbes List of "30 Under 30 in Hollywood."
Departure from the show and subsequent involvement
They are the creator of Steven Universe, a television show Cartoon Network greenlit for production around 2012-2013, making them the first nonbinary cartoon creator in the network's history. Rebecca left Adventure Time to work on their new show, with their last episode being "Be More."
Temporary returns to Adventure Time
At NYCC 2015, during the Adventure Time panel, it was announced that Rebecca Sugar would return to Adventure Time for the "Stakes" miniseries, writing the song "Everything Stays" and playing the role of Marceline's mom.
Episodes worked on
Written and Storyboarded by
- "It Came from the Nightosphere" (with Adam Muto)
- "Power Animal" (with Adam Muto)
- "The Chamber of Frozen Blades" (with Adam Muto)
- "The Real You" (with Adam Muto)
- "Susan Strong" (with Adam Muto)
- "Mortal Folly" (with Adam Muto)
- "Morituri Te Salutamus" (with Adam Muto)
- "Fionna and Cake" (with Adam Muto)
- "What Was Missing" (with Adam Muto)
- "Beautopia" (with Adam Muto)
- "Jake vs. Me-Mow" (with Adam Muto)
- "Incendium" (with Adam Muto)
- "Hot to the Touch" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Daddy's Little Monster" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Gotcha!" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Burning Low" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Lady & Peebles" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "I Remember You" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Jake the Dog" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Bad Little Boy" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Simon & Marcy" (with Cole Sanchez)
- "Be More" (with Kent Osborne, Pendleton Ward, Patrick McHale, Tom Herpich, and Steve Wolfhard)
- "Fry Song"
- "Susan Strong"
- "On a Tropical Island/As a Tropical Island"
- "Oh, Fionna"
- "I'm Just Your Problem"
- "My Best Friends in the World"
- "I'm On a Boat"
- "Sleepy Puppies"
- "All Gummed Up Inside"
- "All Warmed Up Inside"
- "Working for the Master"
- "Not Just Your Little Girl"
- "Bacon Pancakes"
- "Oh, Bubblegum"
- "Remember You"
- "Bad Little Boy"
- "Good Little Girl"
- "Everything Stays"
- ”Time Adventure”
See Art By Rebecca
- Rebecca Sugar's Tumblr
- Rebecca Sugar's Twitter
- Rebecca Sugar's Deviant Art
- Rebecca Sugar's Instagram
- Rebecca Sugar's YouTube
- Rebecca Sugar Singles
- 2012 Performance
- SDCC 2015 - Everything Stays
- Steven Universe's Rebecca Sugar on How She Expresses Her Identity Through the Non-binary Crystal Gems by Charles Pulliam-Moore in 2018: "Sugar opened up about how the process of creating Steven Universe ultimately played a large role in her deciding to come out as a nonbinary woman."