The Marauders all have their own individual characteristics, but can be identified by their blue skin, fur pelts and armor. Several marauders have mechanical parts, micro chips, and goggles. Some of the Marauders seen in Memories of Boom Boom Mountain are:
- If listened to closely, two famous stock sound-effect screams can be heard at the end of their "Memories of Boom Boom Mountain." One is the popular Wilhelm scream, and the other is the Insane Tantrum Scream.
- As seen in "It Came from the Nightosphere," the Marauders are capable of engaging in intellectual conversation, indicated by the joke of the lead Marauder's punchline being "That's what I think of Expanding Earth Theory!"
- The Marauders seem to be based on Norse mythology, specifically the concept of Valhalla where the gods spend eternity feasting and fighting. Some of them have wings on their helmets, similar to the popular portrayal of Thor.
- The Marauders seem to live in the Mountain Kingdom or somewhere near it because of the large mountains around their village.
- Cole Sanchez voiced two of the marauders in "Who Would Win."
- At the end of the game Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!! the Head Marauder thanks Finn "from the bottom of [his] cybernetic heart." He also convinces Jake to become a raft for Finn, and claims that he is a "were boat."
- In the episode "It Came From The Nightosphere," the actor who played Biff in the Back to the Future trilogy, Tom Wilson, did the voices of all the marauders, and is always the voice of Head Marauder. Watch the episode of Wilson World when Wilson taped himself doing the voices in the recording studio for both SpongeBob SquarePants and Adventure Time below.
- The Marauder leader has a gender-swapped version that appears in the crowd in "Bad Little Boy."
- In FusionFall Heroes, there is a form of Four Arms that has pigs on arms and a Marauder helmet.