Wizard powers are a set of abilities attained by Finn and Jake in the episode "Wizard" at the Wizard Village. They are acquired by completing various tasks and challenges, most of which are simple things most people could do without practice. Bufo grants the powers to wizard students. The powers are referred to by their level, which coincides with the order they are acquired in. The powers are stored in the robe of the wizard student learning them.
|Dustomancy is the level 1 wizard power. It is a spell that gives the user power over Dust Motes and the ability to read their emotions. This spell is earned by eating a broom stick.|
|Shadowcery is the level 2 wizard power. It is a spell that gives the user the ability to control shadows. By manipulating the shadows, the user can create sentient beings such as the Shadow Horse. Finn attempted to ride the Shadow Horse, but it was incorporeal and he passed straight through it. However, it is highly estimated that Finn could not touch the horse because they are strangers, and the horse replies "No Touchies!" This estimates that if the wizard and his shadow have a strong connection, the Wizard is able to touch the shadow. This ability is earned by fearlessly placing one's hand in a bowl of peeled grapes while blindfolded. (Bufo says they are eyeballs.) Shadow living creatures have personalities of their own, and a shadow is not like it's wizard.|
|Hair Growth is the level 3 wizard power. It is a spell that causes hair to grow, the limits of which are not made clear. This power is earned by balancing a pencil on one's upper lip.|
|Generate Mayonnaise is the level 8 wizard power. It is a spell that gives the user the ability to generate mayonnaise at will. This power is earned by spinning coins on their side.|
|Beauteous Wings is the level 15 wizard power. It is a spell that gives the user large, golden wings. They also appear in the game "Finn and Jake's Epic Quest" in an Enchiridion page. Also in the game Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!, you can get the Beauteous Wings as a usable item. When used in battle, they let Finn jump much higher than normal.|
|Vorpal Hand is the level 27 wizard power. It is a spell that transforms the user's hand into a sword. This is an allusion to the Vorpal sword from Lewis Carroll's poem "Jabberwocky." In the Adventure Time DS game, the player can gain the Vorpal Hand as a usable item. In battle, it quickens Finn's attack speed.|
|Create Fireworks is the level 31 wizard power. It is a spell that creates fireworks from the user's fingertips.|
|Dragon Eyes is a spell that transforms the user's eyes into those of a dragon. It is unknown how this affects the user's vision.|
|Tiger Claw is a spell that transforms the user's arm into the arm of a tiger. In the Adventure Time DS game, the Tiger Claw is a usable item. It slows Finn's attack speed, but gives him a major increase in damage.|
|Blazing Feet is a spell that sets the user's feet on fire (without causing harm).|
|Awaken is a spell that awakens its target. It is also able to bring inanimate objects to life, as demonstrated by the Rock.|
|Sleep is a spell that puts its target to sleep.|
|Reflect is a spell that reflects attacks. Jake uses it to reflect Finn's Awaken spell.|
Ultimate Magical Hand
|Ultimate Magical Hand is the final wizard power. It is a spell that gives the user the ability to create a spectral hand that can lift extremely heavy objects. One gains it by touching the hand of Bufo after learning all the other spells. Ultimate Magic Hand seems to be the most powerful of all the spells.|
Other spells and abilities
Spells cast verbally
- Ashicus Flyicus: Allows the user to fly at high speeds and pass through solid matter. It is used by Ash, and it is assumed that one's own name is used in place of the word "Ash" (ex. Finnicus Flyicus, Jakeicus Flyicus).
- Flame Shield: Protects whom ever it is cast on against fire. It is used by Flambo and Betty.
- Go Backicus From Whence You Camicus: Returns the individual it is cast on to a place they were in previously. It is used by the Witch.
- Kee Oth Rama Pancake: Banishes Kee-Oth the blood demon. It is used by Joshua.
- Magicus Nomoreicus: Strips whoever it is cast on of all current magical powers. It can also be used non-verbally. It is used by the Witch.
- Maloso Vobiscum et cum Spiritum: Allows user to open the Nightosphere after drawing a happy face and dousing it with bug milk. It is used by Finn, Marceline, and Peppermint Butler
- Pancake Pancake Pancake: Changes the user into a cat. It is used by the Wizard Thief.
- Razzamafoo: Teleports whoever it is cast on short distances. It can also be used to make the user and target swap places. It is used by Bufo and the Witch.
- Wazoo: Allows the user to teleport or switch appearances with another person. It is used by Magic Man.
- Zap: Casts a harmful zap. It is used by Ice King and Magic Man.
Other magic abilities
- Dance Magic: Causes target to dance uncontrollably. It is used by the Baby Pigs.
- Fire Powers: Ability to conjure up fireballs and flames. It is used by Scorcher, Flame Princess and a few other Flame People.
- Flambit Spell: Able to turn Flame People or possibly anyone into a Flambit. It is used by Flame Princess.
- Force Field Shield: Creates a transparent barrier of unknown strength around the user. It is used by the Tree Witch.
- Healing Powers: Heals anybody who is hurt by touching them. It is used by the Guardian Angel.
- Hypnosis: Forces the target to follow the user's commands. It is used by The Lich, the King Worm and The Empress.
- Ice Powers: Ability to create anything out of ice, especially weapons. Used by Ice King and Ice Queen and Urgence Evergreen and Patience St. Pim also Gunther the dinosaur and Gunter the penguin.
- Morphing into Fauna: Transforms the user into animals or creatures. It is used by Marceline and The Hierophant.
- Morphing into Flora: Transforms the user into a plant or grow plant organs. It is used by the Tree Witch, the Hag, and Huntress Wizard.
- Necromancy: Brings dead bodies to life as the user's slaves. It is used by The Lich and Marceline.
- Power shriek: A powerful shriek that can be performed by a being during a surge of intense emotion. It is still a magic ability, albeit a "shameful" form. It is used by Finn.
- Stretchy Powers: Allows the user to grow and stretch his or her body. It is used by Jake, Cake, the Shape-shifter, Jake Jr., Kim Kil Whan and Charlie.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects by nonphysical means. It is used by the Tree Witch, Huntress Wizard, Goliad, Marceline and Vampire King.
- Wizard Eyes: It makes a wizard see into the spirit world continuously. It is used by Ice King and possibly Ice Queen.
- Cat Spell: Turns the target into a cat. Used by the Grand Master Wizard.
- Ice Ninja: Creates ninja weapons out of ice. Used by Ice King and, formerly, Finn and Jake.
- Portal: Two portals are opened, one on each hand, if anything enters one portal, it comes out the other portal. This ability is demonstrated by Magic Man. This ability also allows the wizard to create a portal in the midair that when entered, transports him to a place. Betty is also shown to be able to create portals as well.
- Anti-Magic: An ability demonstrated by Bella Noche which negates any and all magic it comes into contact with.
- Invisability: Turns user invisible. Used by Marceline, Ice King and the Empress.
- Magical constructs: Can create magical constructs, such as birds and people, out of a purple energy. Used by Betty.
- Candy Powers: Ability to conjure various forms of candy. It is used by Princess Bubblegum, Chatsberry and presumably all incarnations of the Candy Elemental.
- Slime Powers: Ability to shoot slime from the users body. Has only been demonstrated by Slime Princess but can presumably be used by all incarnations of the Slime Elemental.