Princess Bubblegum and Lady are trying to find Finn and Jake who have been missing for three weeks after battling with the Ice King. Lady begins to worry about Jake. Bubblegum then tells her that the Ice King is not a major threat and with science on their side, they have the advantage. Lady and Bubblegum then fly off into a dark cave where she can't get any signal on her GPS and relies on her heart signature machine where three heart signatures are detected, thought to be Finn, Jake, and Ice King. She also sees several hearts on the monitor, but dismisses them. They both go into a realm where they are attacked by an army of evil hands. They escape, and Bubblegum tells Lady to proceed, using the heart signatures as navigation. They are nearly crushed by a enormous tongue, and Lady flies into another room; much to their surprise, giant eyes on the wall open and shoot laser beams. Lady is hit and badly injured, unable to fly.
Bubblegum carries Lady into a dark passageway. After noticing that she is near Finn and Jake, she finds Ice King on the floor, with a hole in his chest. Bubblegum then drops the heart monitor in surprise as Ricardio reveals himself to be the real culprit. He throws Finn and Jake on the ground in front of Bubblegum, who are poisoned by Zanoits. Ricardio reveals that he had spent his time in Ice King's body using his tissue to make his new body; he then recalls on how he only wanted Bubblegum's heart last time, and this time, he wants "the whole package". Ricardio takes Lady from Princess Bubblegum and ties Lady in a knot, throwing her in a corner after that. Ricardio then leans against the princess and asks her to marry him. Bubblegum agrees to marry him if Ricardio can beat her in a hand-to-hand combat. Bubblegum angrily dismisses Ricardio's advances and then tears his limbs apart. She kicks him in the face and warns him to never return. Ricardio escapes into the shadows.
Two days (and another day for the antidote) later, Finn, Jake, Ice King, and Lady Rainicorn are healed, in the Candy Kingdom's Castle's Hospital. Finn wakes up, freaks out that Ricardio has returned and in the black ice cave. Princess Bubblegum tells Finn that everything was taken care of and shows Finn and Jake that she made a new heart for Ice King. She walks over to Lady Rainicorn and they have a brief conversation. Lady then tells everyone that she is pregnant, much to Jake's surprise. The only thing Jake can say, "Um, Puppies?" (or since he pronounced Um as 'ahm', it be assumed that he said "Ahm, Papis!?" Ahm could be a play on the words 'I am'. Papis being a clever pun on Papi [father] and puppy. Hence he could have said I'm a father.)
Lady's translated lines
Since in this episode Lady Rainicorn has an exceptionally large amount of lines in Korean, below is a rough translation.
In the igloo:
"Why did I do that!"
"Did you find them?"
"Will they be okay?"
"I told him that his Vietnamese noodles were too tough before he went missing. Why did I say such a thing! What if something wrong happens to him! It was the last conversation we had that his noodles were bad"
"Sorry. Guess I've eaten too many noodles."
"What if he attacks you with a knife!"
"What if he tries to harm you!"
"That's right. I'm little bit too worrying sometimes. I always get haunted by this nightmare where half-dead corpses are attacking my house! My uncle, aunt-in-law, cousins are all present, I even hear the crying coming from the upstairs. I just wished that I could protect my family.. I become too stressful during that dream, I even grind my own teeth! *Grinds teeth* When I wake up in the morning, all my teeth are cracked up! I usually try to forget about it, thinking that it's just a dream or I'm being paranoid, but I was actually attacked by these half-dead corpses before, twice!"
In the dark room:
"It's hard to see things"
"What was that?"
"Ahh! Stop it! Help!"
After escaping from the hands:
"You're making me sweat."
In the eye-chamber:
"Wow. This chamber is bigger than my love for the songs of pretty birds!"
"Eh, Yeah, don't worry about me. I'm perfectly, perfectly fine. Let's go, get up! *Falls down* Guh. Not gonna make it. You should go alone, I'm just a burden for you."
Back at the castle:
"Is Jake awake?"
"It's fine. That was my bad for hiding it."
"Honey, I've got something terribly important to tell you!"
- This is the first episode to completely focus on Princess Bubblegum and Lady Rainicorn.
- In the title card, Finn and Jake are scratched out in the photos. This may be to emphasize how the episode is focused on Princess Bubblegum and Lady Rainicorn or it may represent the fact that Finn and Jake are missing
- Actually this is also common when it is a stalker, crossing out the "competition." Hinting that someone is after them.
- This is the second time that Princess Bubblegum has been seen fighting. First was in "Dungeon". But it is the first time Princess Bubblegum was seen fighting in hand to hand combat.
- This is the third time we see Princess Bubblegum riding Lady Rainicorn. The first in the opening theme song, and the second was in the episode "What Have You Done?."
- Some of the names of Princess Bubblegum's inventions are based off of Dr. Seuss' inventions.
- Cinnamon Bun is seen on the title card.
- Lady Rainicorn is revealed to be pregnant.
- Lady is seen using her intangibility again, first shown in "The Creeps.".
- Lady Rainicorn speaks English without using a Universal Translator for the first time.
- This is Ricardio's first appearance since the season one episode, "Ricardio the Heart Guy."
- Ricardio briefly calls Ice King "Simon", a reference to Ice King's real name "Simon Petrikov."
- The Ice King's new heart contains maracabeans.
- Ricardio's new body consists of Ice King's living tissues.
- This is the second episode where Princess Bubblegum and Lady are seen communicating with each other. The first was in "Video Makers," at the start, where Finn and Jake were giving away drinks.
- This is the second time Princess Bubblegum saved Finn and Jake. The first time she saved them was in the episode "Dungeon."
- This is the second time Lady Rainicorn is shown to fight, first was "My Two Favorite People."
- Young Princess Bubblegum is seen in the title card.
- This is the fourth time Finn and Jake were minor characters. First was in "Fionna and Cake," then in "Thank You," then lastly and recently "BMO Noire."
- In the promotional art, Lady Rainicorn is seen with some orange stripes, although in the show she has not been seen with orange stripes since the original animated short.
- Princess Bubblegum mentions the events of "Too Young," where she used biomass on herself to become 18 again.
- This marks the third time that any character in the series has been pregnant. The first being Gunter in "The Chamber of Frozen Blades" and the second being Barb in "Web Weirdos."
- When Princess Bubblegum says "I know a thing or two about building a body out of bio-mass!" while fighting Ricardio it is a reference to her creation of Goliad and the Earl of Lemongrab.
- This is the second time that talks about Jake and LR have children. the first time being in Paper Pete.
- In Burning Low, when Jake is talking about the Tiers of a relationship, and Finn points out Tier 15, Jake immediately yells at him to "stay away from there!" and "Do not do Tier 15!" It could be that Tier 15 refers to sexual intercourse, which is how creatures reproduce (have kids), so Jake must've done "Tier 15," with Lady.
- On the guide for Cartoon Network, the title is misspelled. Instead of "Lady & Peebles', it's spelled "Lady & Pebbles".
- In the beginning, when PB used her heart signature machine to locate Finn and Jake, there were two regular size heart signatures on the screen, which represent Lady Raincorn and herself. But near one of the regular heart signatures, there are five little heart signatures, which most likely indicate that Lady Rainicorn will have five children.
- The "half-dead corpses" Lady Rainicorn said she was attacked by may be a reference to "From Bad to Worse." Leaving the other attack, unknown.