Islands is a miniseries from the American animated television series Adventure Time created by Pendleton Ward and produced by Frederator Studios. In this miniseries, Finn meets other humans and an important member of his family for the first time. The miniseries aired on January 30, 2017 and concluded on February 2, 2017 at 7:30 PM.
After an arrival of a mysterious human transport ship, Finn, Jake, Susan Strong, and BMO set sail to four islands southwest of Ooo in search of other humans. During their trip, they unlock secrets, encounter various creatures, make new friends, and explore a variety of islands, find about what really happened to the human race, and Finn meets a very important member of his family.
The episodes, in order, are:
- "The Invitation"
- "Whipple the Happy Dragon"
- "Mysterious Island"
- "Imaginary Resources"
- "Hide and Seek"
- "Min and Marty"
- "The Light Cloud"
- Susan Strong
- Princess Bubblegum
- Minerva Campbell
- Mr. Cupcake
- Other Humans
- Minerva Bots
Voice actors of main characters
- Jeremy Shada as Finn
- John DiMaggio as Jake
- Jackie Buscarino as Susan Strong
- Niki Yang as BMO
- Sharon Horgan as Minerva Campbell
- Stephen Root as Martin Mertens
- Hynden Walch as Princess Bubblegum
- Jasika Nicole as Frieda
- Lennon Parham as Dr. Gross
- This is the second Adventure Time miniseries in the show, which aired as part of season 8. The first being Stakes, which aired as part of season 7, and a third titled Elements, which aired as a part of season 8.
- The miniseries ties to a graphic novel sharing the same name, that serves as a prequel to the event.
- The "Adventure Time: The Official Cookbook" is also partly connected to the miniseries, revealing hints of important events that occurred in the miniseries.
- The Islands miniseries was released on DVD and digital download on January 24, 2017.
- In the theme song when Finn and Jake (dressed as mermen) are holding the "islands" banner, Finn appears with his right arm.
- During the intro for Islands, Jake is shown wearing an eyepatch, a possible reference to how he collected eyepatches in "The Jiggler."
- The miniseries also has a new intro, much like "Stakes," but with Jeremy Shada singing in the intro instead of Pendleton Ward.
|The full image gallery for Islands may be viewed at Islands/Gallery.|