Flame Princess leads the fire people to the Candy People hoping to smash them. Fire Finn follows but LSP begs him to resume saving Ooo but Finn only cares about violence and war as his rage burns in him like an inferno, even Gunther is now driven by the fiery rage. Lumpy Space Princess gets left behind but Ice King and Betty find them while on a magic carpet, the two than vow to save the land of Ooo.
The fire people arrive in what used to be the Candy Kingdom where Princess Bubblegum now resides. Marshmeline (Candy Marceline) takes a certain liking to Flame Princess, while Flame Princess is only driven by anger while Marshmeline is driven by happiness and fun, this angers Flame Princess to the point where the two face head to head combat.
LSP is upset to see Finn violently tearing apart the candy people and seeing the other fire people do the same. Marshmeline is then burned by Flame Princess much to LSP's fright. Marshmeline then allows LSP to taste some of her face, which makes her calmer and brings her to her "happy place."
LSP sees Fire Finn climb to the top of Princess Bubblegum. Finn was about to strike but LSP stopped him saying he can't stab someone he loves. She then takes a piece of PB's gum and puts it on his face to send him to his "happy place." Finn then recalls his old times with Princess Bubblegum when he was younger and he reverts back to his normal self. Finn then grabs PB's jewel and he LSP leaves.
Princess Bubblegum then sings "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and turns all the fire people into candy people. Finn was about to be blasted with PB's sugar but LSP stopped the attack. Even the Flame Princess the Fire Elemental became candy and barfed up her jewel she had swallowed and Finn took it.
Betty then calls for Finn to give her the jewels. Finn hands her the jewels but Betty laughs evilly and leaves on the magic carpet with Ice King, leaving Finn and LSP behind. All the candy people then approach Finn, creepily singing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."
- Lumpy Space Princess
- Ice King
- Betty Grof
- Princess Bubblegum
- Fire/Candy Flame Princess
- Marshmeline the Campfire Queen
- Fire/Candy Gunter
- Fun the Human
- Pink Lemon Camel
- Gummy BMO
- Lady Flameicorn/Candy Lady Rainicorn
- Fire/Candy Wyatt
- Candy Teenage Bear
- Candy Mrs. Cow
- Candy Stag
- Candy Bronwyn
- Treat Trunks
- Pinata Pig
- Fire/Candy Me-Mow
- Flame People
- Candier Candy People
- The Lich (in Finn's "happy place"; possessing Bubblegum)
- All of the main characters appear in this episode except Jake. The aforementioned character has not appeared since the episode "Slime Central" despite being mentioned by LSP.
- Ice King says he feels like Scheherazade on the magic carpet. She was a character and narrator in One Thousand and One Nights.
- Fun and Lemonpink are seen playing something similar to the card game Go Fish with their candy snack packs.
- The song that all of the characters excluding Finn sang is Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Peerless Quartet and Henry Burr which was recorded in 1911.
- Before coughing up her jewel, Flame Princess barfs out what look and sound like Red Hots, a spicy cinnamon candy.
- The magic carpet from "Betty" makes a comeback. It originally belonged to Ash and was stolen by Simon. Then Betty took possession of it.
- During Finn's visit to his happy place, flashbacks to "To Cut a Woman's Hair," "Mortal Recoil," "Too Young," and "The Pajama War" are shown. For the "Too Young" flashback, Princess Bubblegum appears in her 13-year old form, with archived audio of Isabella Acres used albeit being credited.
- Flint had the idea of having the Fire Kingdom declare war on the Candy Kingdom in "The Cooler."
- When Betty betrays Finn, it mirrors The Lich's actions in "The Lich."
- Both the Lich and Betty laugh evilly as they betray Finn.
- Betty's true reasons for getting the gems are revealed in the sequel episode, the same being true for The Lich.
- Both Betty and The Lich kick out Finn. However, in The Lich, Jake is with him and follows The Lich.
- The true intentions of Betty and The Lich are also alike-both want to fix reality how they want it.
- Similarly, the false reason Betty gave, saving the world, mirrors how The Lich impersonated Billy wanting to save the world.
- For example, like The Lich, Betty ordered Finn to retrieve crown jewels for the Enchiridion.
- This episode was made available for download on iTunes on April 17th.
- While Fun the Human and Lemonpink are conversing at a table in the Tree Fort, a black outline appears around Fun's diamond face for a frame.