Gum People (also called Gum Golems or Bubblegum Humanoids) are a recurring race of Candy People in the Adventure Time franchise. Candy is one of the four main elements that make up the Land of Ooo, the others being slime, fire, and ice. Gum people naturally take the appearance of humanoids composed of bubblegum, having pink hair and skin tones. The Mother Gum, a collection of living blob-like beings made of mutated bubblegum, spawned the currently living known gum people, Princess Bubblegum, ruler of the Candy Kingdom, and her brother, Neddy, a gum dragon. Other gum people such as Gumbald, Lolly, and Chicle were created by Princess Bubblegum.
Known Gum People
- Arklothac (comics only, erased from existence)
- Chatsberry (deceased)
- Mother Gum
- Princess Bubblegum
- Neddy (gum dragon)
- Lolly (created by Princess Bubblegum)
- Gumbald (created by Princess Bubblegum/currently in the form of Punch Bowl)
- Chicle (created by Princess Bubblegum/currently in the form of Crunchy)
- Gum (comics only)
- Princess Monster Wife (1/10th gum, deceased)
- Goliad (gum sphinx)
- Princess Chewypaste (comics only)
- Prince Gumball (fictional)
- In Hot Diggity Doom, the King of Ooo described Princess Bubblegum as a "teenage gum-golem."
- Princess Bubblegum is humanoid in appearance whereas her brother Neddy is more dragon-like, possibly because of falling hard on a stalagmite or perhaps other reasons unknown.
- In two episodes portraits of unknown gum people can be seen in Princess Bubblegum's castle.