The transcript pages are in a mess:
- There is no consistency between them first of all.
- Tagging the pages a under construction, I believe, caused confusion which resulted in a lot of the pages not being made. So either create another Construction template asking for contributions or tag a transcript page as a Stub and only tag construction after the page has the needed dialog.
- There have been unneeded edits such as: adding in 'extra' actions or being too literal. Example, a line of cap locks.
- Unless the transcript requires spell checks there should be something stating that it is complete.
- There is no top information about the transcript, even though there is a link back to the primary page.
- There is no navigation
- There is little character linking.
I agree that we need special templates for transcripts. The template should reflect the current state of the article. For example, this template can simply say: This transcript is for the episode (episode name here). This transcript is currently (being build/in need of fixes/complete). That way, people will know when to add lines, fix mistakes, or just leave it alone. And I also agree that there should be a format for the transcript itself, but I don't make them so I wouldn't know.20:38, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Completely agree. The worst part about this is the fact there's no standard style. This needs to be changed. Heck, I even told Bunai that this created problems during my edits on transcripts after she told to stop making such edits.11:53, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
I'm brain storming right now. Trying to find the least painful way to create a transcript page with the occasional inexperienced editor. So far I am going back the Avatar wikis method of using a table. The Spongebob wiki uses a named speaker template which bolds the name and puts a asterisk next to it.
lol @TheMostBoringManInTheWorld I apologize again, because I viewed it as content removal, it is a problem with you don't use the summary box though. I would have likely been less antsy about it. I know you try a lot to be helpful. -- Bunai82 (talk) 03:01, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, I created a transcript template and layout. After seeing some options on Wiki I decided to go with the Spongebob Wiki method, this means the use of a template within the transcript to line things up and auto-bold the speaker. However, actions are done manually.
See Transcripts institutions and Transcript template for more information. I will be testing this on transcript pages I created. I will also be deleting transcript pages that have No content, the creation of these pages gives visitors a false impression.
Okay good. I probably won't be on much the rest of tonight but tomorrow, if you're on, I'd like to discuss this with you in chat. I'd love to help with the effort. Thanks.20:48, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
I don't do chat because I find talk pages better to deal with. However, I will attempt a chat depending if the person who wants to talk is available.
Crystals Have Power would be my second try at the new layout, and that was done from scratch. I need to work on the Transcripts talk page because it hasn't been touched since December. The only posting is someone asking about the lack of consistency between the pages. -- Bunai82 (talk) 07:15, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
Well, this is going to be a frustrating task. Two people delete the top part of the page without even informing me. I will have to change the templates color I suppose. -- Bunai82 (talk) 12:16, May 7, 2013 (UTC)