The transcript pages are in a mess:
- There is no consistency between them first of all.
- Tagging the pages a under construction, I believe, caused confusion which resulted in a lot of the pages not being made. So either create another Construction template asking for contributions or tag a transcript page as a Stub and only tag construction after the page has the needed dialog.
- There have been unneeded edits such as: adding in 'extra' actions or being too literal. Example, a line of cap locks.
- Unless the transcript requires spell checks there should be something stating that it is complete.
- There is no top information about the transcript, even though there is a link back to the primary page.
- There is no navigation
- There is little character linking.
I agree that we need special templates for transcripts. The template should reflect the current state of the article. For example, this template can simply say: This transcript is for the episode (episode name here). This transcript is currently (being build/in need of fixes/complete). That way, people will know when to add lines, fix mistakes, or just leave it alone. And I also agree that there should be a format for the transcript itself, but I don't make them so I wouldn't know.20:38, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Completely agree. The worst part about this is the fact there's no standard style. This needs to be changed. Heck, I even told Bunai that this created problems during my edits on transcripts after she told to stop making such edits.11:53, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
I'm brain storming right now. Trying to find the least painful way to create a transcript page with the occasional inexperienced editor. So far I am going back the Avatar wikis method of using a table. The Spongebob wiki uses a named speaker template which bolds the name and puts a asterisk next to it.
lol @TheMostBoringManInTheWorld I apologize again, because I viewed it as content removal, it is a problem with you don't use the summary box though. I would have likely been less antsy about it. I know you try a lot to be helpful. -- Bunai82 (talk) 03:01, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, I created a transcript template and layout. After seeing some options on Wiki I decided to go with the Spongebob Wiki method, this means the use of a template within the transcript to line things up and auto-bold the speaker. However, actions are done manually.
See Transcripts institutions and Transcript template for more information. I will be testing this on transcript pages I created. I will also be deleting transcript pages that have No content, the creation of these pages gives visitors a false impression.
I don't do chat because I find talk pages better to deal with. However, I will attempt a chat depending if the person who wants to talk is available.
Crystals Have Power would be my second try at the new layout, and that was done from scratch. I need to work on the Transcripts talk page because it hasn't been touched since December. The only posting is someone asking about the lack of consistency between the pages. -- Bunai82 (talk) 07:15, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
Well, this is going to be a frustrating task. Two people delete the top part of the page without even informing me. I will have to change the templates color I suppose. -- Bunai82 (talk) 12:16, May 7, 2013 (UTC)