"Food Chain" is the seventh episode in the sixth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred and sixty-third episode overall.
The episode begins with children that have bodies resembling different shapes sliding down a slide, shouting out their excitement. The kids are viewed from an horizontal angle in the next scene as they go through a playground like structure.
- Electronic version of "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" (the Queen of the Night's aria) from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's, The Magic Flute
- "We're Plants"
- "Food Chain"
- This episode, like "A Glitch is a Glitch," is animated in a style different from most other episodes due to having a guest animator.
- Also like "A Glitch is a Glitch," this episode exists outside the show's main canon.
- This is the first episode to have the title card without music.
- Erin is the first person Finn has had a relationship with that wasn't royalty of any sorts.
- When Finn and Jake are first turned into birds, the music playing is "Queen Of the Night Aria" From the play The Magic Flute by Mozart.
- The scene were Erin and Finn are falling while holding hands bears similarities to a scene in Hayao Miyazaki's The Cat Returns.
- The arrows on the food chain wheel are pointing the wrong way.
- The sign under the bird digestion slide is missing the "s" at the end of Caterpillar.
- Most of the lipsyncing of this episode is slightly out of place
- This episode was animated by Masaaki Yuasa.