|"Oh my glob!"|
"Finn the Human" is the first episode in the fifth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred and fifth episode overall.
Finn and Jake chase the Lich through a dimensional portal where they meet Prismo, who tells them that the Lich wished for the extinction of all life. This leads Finn to wish that the Lich "never even ever existed."
After being pulled into the portal, Finn and Jake follow the Lich into Prismo's time room. They arrive just in time to see the Lich vanish after making his wish which was the extinction of all life. After a short conversation with Prismo, Finn wishes that the Lich had never existed and is promptly transported into the reality created by his wish.
After being called in by his mother, who is holding a baby, Farmworld Finn is told to to go into town and sell their mule Bartram. Farmworld Finn protests, but his mother insists. He follows her gaze out the window to see his father being pushed around by members of the "Destiny Gang." He is seen next talking to Bartram trying to comfort himself, when he notices he is missing. He wanders a little ways to find Bartram in a tree. While going to get him down, he falls into a hole covered by underbrush and Farmworld Jake follows him. Farmworld Finn looks up to see the skeleton of Simon Petrikov with the crown under a frozen bomb. When he sees the Ice King's Crown, he thinks to sell it instead of Bartram and goes to retrieve it. As he nears it, the decrepit Farmworld Marceline jumps out from behind the bomb with a gun. She tells him to back off and that he cannot have the crown. She then tells him of how Simon died when the Great Mushroom Bomb was deployed. He used his ice magic to freeze the bomb, but was crushed in the process. The crown, stricken with grief over the death of its master, then unleashed its power and froze the entire earth for 400 years. For 600 years, an aged and decripit Farmworld Marceline has been guarding the crown to ensure it never harmed anyone again.
After she finishes her story, Finn merely tells her that "..none of that is true." and that "..magic is fake." He tells her that she's lost it while living in the cave and proceeds towards the crown. Farmworld Marceline then fires the gun, but finds it is broken and doesn't harm Farmworld Finn. Farmworld Jake then distracts Farmworld Marceline while Finn grabs the crown. After Finn is gone, Marceline has an arguement with the corpse of Simon (she tells herself the voice is not real: its just in her head) and she goes after the crown.
Now in the Junktown market, Farmworld Finn tries to sell the crown. A man says he'd take it, but he has no money and offers to sing at his house instead. Tromo, one of the destiny gang, takes the crown and gives it to Big Destiny, under the pretext that "property of old dead person go to Big Destiny" and refuses to give money to Finn. Finn realizes that the crown wasn't really his and moves on. Marceline however, yells that the crown is her's and that she's half-demon. Destiny then tells Tromo to jack up Farmworld Marceline and Trami to take Bartram for dinner. Trami takes Bartram and runs up to their mansion with Destiny.
As Tromo is attacking Marceline, Farmworld Finn shoves his flute into his nose and then Choose Bruce throws lettuce at him. Tromo then utters that Finn has made a big mistake as he retreats into the mansion. Farmworld Finn promises Farmworld Marceline that he will return the crown to her. Choose Bruce then gives Finn a sword for his mechanical arm to which Finn replies approvingly stating that it felt natural.
He then runs up to the mansion and down the hall to Bartram, but is tripped by Destiny. Farmworld Finn gets up and begins to sword fight with Destiny, but is hit to the ground. Finn demands for his stuff back and Destiny gives it to him as his "last possesion."
Destiny then shows Finn that he had his henchmen burn the market. Farmworld Finn grabs Bartrum and the crown and runs into the market place. Choose Bruce is weeping and tells him to go save his family. On his way, he grabs Farmworld Marceline and puts her up on Bartram. When he arrives at his house, the gang has already set it on fire (Destiny is somehow already there) with his parents and infant sibling trapped upstairs. Finn asks Marceline if the crown is magic and she tells him it is very dangerous magic. He then puts the crown on his head, and the power begins to flow through him.
- Ice King
- Billy (The Lich)
- Farmworld Finn
- Farmworld Jake
- Farmworld Finn's mother
- Farmworld Finn's father
- Farmworld Finn's sibling
- Destiny Gang
- Farmworld Marceline (1000 year old lady)
- Cosmic Owl
- Marceline states she is half demon in this episode.
- In the title card, Finn has five fingers.
- Finn's full name is revealed to be Finn Mertens.
- It is confirmed that Billy has been killed by The Lich in this episode by Prismo, who states that The Lich is a ghost wearing a dead guy.
- In this episode, it is stated that the aftermath of the Mushroom War would have caused magic to return to the world 1000 years ago. This story is similar to the events of The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. In The Sword of Shannara, a nuclear holocaust, that took place 2000 years ago, "wiped out most of the planet", mutated mankind into several distinct races, "rearranged the planet's geographical attributes", destroyed advanced technology, and set back the story to take place in a medieval-like setting. "Magic is also brought back into the world, rediscovered after the loss of technology". Unlike in The Sword of Shannara, the Land of Ooo has some technology that is far more advanced than modern day technology (holograms, talking robots with their own emotions, Princess Bubblegum's science, etc.), but still hold similarities on how their respected worlds came to be.
- The market where Finn tries to sell the crown is called Junktown, a reference to the original Fallout.
- The premise to change past events but with unexpected consequences was popularized in the short story, The Monkey's Paw by W.W. Jacobs. It is also an example of the Grandfather Paradox.
- Being forced to sell the family mule and the involvement of the magic crown is derivative of the English Jack the Giant Killer variant, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- The cut Finn had from "The Lich" was not seen when in Prismo's time room or the entrance.
- This episode was leaked online with "Jake the Dog", making it the third episode to be leaked online. The other two episodes were "Hot to the Touch" and "Fionna and Cake".