Why are there users in this category? O.o.O.o.O 21:57, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Because some people (often newcomers) add Characters Templates to their pages with automatically adds a Character Category. A hero boy named Finn 22:06, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh. Should they be removed? O.o.O.o.O 23:16, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Some problems with missing categories
- This page has some serious issues with its structure. This is essentially the home page directory for all of the character sections and we don't even have a menu for the normal non-gender swapped minor characters and the default state for the main characters menu is to be hidden. I don't mind that there is a section for the gender swapped characters but as it's currently set up, the entire page is dominated by this information while the menus for the original characters is missing or hidden!
- Actually it does appear the minor reoccuring characters are covered. Sorry I just didn't notice the section despite visiting this page over and over since the page loads with that section closed and hidden along with the main character section. The only section that is immediately visible is the gender swapped ones so if somebody could fix that relatively minor issue the page will be much easier to view and navigate.Melting Sky (talk) 23:06, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, it was driving me nuts so I just went in and fixed it. I hope I didn't step on any toes. =)
- Melting Sky (talk) 23:18, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Wait... what?
- Oh, I see you switched out the genderswap with the minors? Is that what you were talking about? ƒelinoel (Talk) 14:36, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah I did change the order of the minor characters and gender swapped section, but the main thing I fixed was that the only template on this page that opened during the page loading was the gender swapped ones so it pretty much dominated the whole page while the main characters and minor characters menus loaded in the collapsed state. I think somebody has since come along and changed it so that the main character menu now loads in the collapsed state too which is fine. I just found it confusing how it was originally. The main character page used to opened up to a page full of gender swapped stuff while the more core content was difficult to find because it was collapsed and hidden. Melting Sky (talk) 16:24, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
On the categories page, instead of saying Main Characters, it said Personagens Principais. I looked it up on bing translator and it said it was Portugese language. It meant Main Characters but in portugese. Can someone please fix this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by RubyOpal4 (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). ƒelinoel (Talk) 14:16, August 6, 2012 (UTC)
Flame Princess Main Character?
guys fp isnt in many episodes how is she a main character 18.104.22.168 23:35, January 28, 2013 (UTC)herpderp
She isn't one...23:41, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
Can't do it from here
Flame Princess is not a main character, she has had about 5 appearances, she is a recurring character. Can someone take her off the page for me? I can't figure out how. 22.214.171.124 01:50, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
We should make a sub-section about characters, recurring characters. You know, like Peppermint Buttler, Mister Cupcake, Lemongrab, Cinnamon Bun, Tree Trunks, BMO, Neptr, Shelby etc. Anyone agree? TheMostBoringManInTheWorld (talk) 03:11, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
As there seems to be some opposition to the inclusion of extensive information or explanation within character templates, perhaps this is a project that could be approached here. Many of the minor characters don't have references to their age at all, too, so we wouldn't really have to deal with many. The idea here would be to chronologically (in terms of our time, and with mentioning of episodes) list all references to the ages of characters in the central universe.
All age references (even if it's repetetive, because it tells us a birth date hasn't yet occurred) should be included from various transcripts. We could also do some Farmworld stuff but I'm not clear on how that matches up. I'll get the ball rolling based on what I could come across...
- April 5, 2010 episode 1 Slumber Party Panic series pitch bible info from Little Did You Know:
- Finn: 12
- Jake: 28 magical dog years
- Ice King: 1000+
- Princess Bubblegum: 18 (bio or chrono?)
- Marceline: 1000+
- Ricardio: 1000+
- Gunter: 39
- LSP: 15
- Unknown: Rainicorn, Peppermint Butler, Shelby, Cinnamon Bun, Worm, BMO
- May 10, 2010 Bufo over 847 years old
- July 23, 2010 Jake described as 28 in magical dog years by buenothebear
- October 18, 2010 LSP turns 15 in episode 28 The Eyes
- March 14, 2011 Finn turns 13 in episode 45 Mystery Train
- February 14 2012 Finn described as 14 by Pendleton Ward (the day after Season 3 concluded with [[Incendium] in interview)
- July 23, 2012 Magic Man described in episode 93 Sons of Mars as being "a jerk for over 200 years" by Glob
- February 20, 2013 Randall N. Byron described (in Issue 13) as being 1023 years old. The first Mushroom War occurred when he was 21, "1002 years ago".
- March 25, 2013 Ice King described as 1043, Marceline as 1003 (via "996 years ago" statement of them being 47/7 in Simon & Marcy)
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to add here? A list of characters who have ages stated for them, for example? I know Flame Princess is said to be 14 and Water Princess to be 20 but there isn't a dated reference I've found to put in, nor do I know the ref staying Finn is 12 by ep 1. Surely there must be others to put into this timeline?
I'm going to make a separate list of chars who have age refs but for whom we have not specifically enough found data to date these refs. I'll make it a range between their first and last appearance until we can narrow it down based on dialogue.
- February 13, 2012 to February 25, 2013 (Incendium to Vault of Bones) description of Flame Princess as 14
- May 16, 2012 to April 17, 2013 (Issue 4 to Issue 15) description of Water Princess as 20
I will include other suggestions too if people have them. I'm going to assume that the alternative universe gender-swap imaginary fanfic chars are all the same age as their counterparts and not worth listing. +Yc 09:32, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Age in Ooo is based on how humans age, just because she was born over a thousand years ago doesn't make Marceline not 18, and just because Bonni was around at least 300 years doesn't make her not 18.
- Jake is 28 in magical dog years but both he and Finn were babies at the same time. ƒelinoel (Talk) 12:11, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
Category for powerful guys
Guys like GOLB should be in something besides just 'minor characters'. Alongside things like Glob and Abraham Lincoln and Death and maybe Magic Man, definitely Prismo. Also maybe Tree Trunks when she got gemmed up? Guys who are essentially deities. I'm not sure specifically what to call it, but does anyone get what I mean? Things nearing Cthulu-like horror levels of power. Like people on this tier in Marvel for example. Any good terms to shop around? BonnibelFlame (talk) 20:35, February 26, 2014 (UTC)