He debuts in "Slumber Party Panic," where Chocoberry dares him to take off his wrapper, revealing that he is chocolate. He is most likely friends with Finn and Jake, because he was at their party in "Evicted!" In "Video Makers," Mr. Cupcake is asked by Jake to play the role of "Todd Johnson" in the movie he and Finn were making. He is cast opposite of Lady Rainicorn, who he starts to flex in front of. When Jake voices his disapproval, he and Mr. Cupcake get into a physical confrontation. He appears once again in "Hug Wolf" as one of the candy people who were hugged by Finn. Mr. Cupcake also appears in "You Made Me" when Princess Bubblegum calls for a Candy Kingdom meeting. She asks him if he would live with Lemongrab, resulting in Mr. Cupcake breaking his own arm instead of living with Lemongrab. He was deleted by the Glitch during the events of "A Glitch is a Glitch."
In "All the Little People," the little Mr. Cupcake is seen fighting with the little Jake over Lady Rainicorn's love. In "Time Sandwich," Jake has an imaginary conversation with Mr. Cupcake where they get over their romantic rivalry. Jake is able to use the sadness of the conversation to get through Magic Man's molasses bubble. In "The Dark Cloud," Mr. Cupcake is one of the candy people who charges into battle against the Vampire King, wielding a small sword. In "The Invitation," he is the first candy person to greet the human transport as it rises out of the ocean. He is "neutralized" by the transport which then makes its way towards the Candy Kingdom. In "Hero Heart" he is seen in his pure candy form, but is reverted back to normal at the end of "Skyhooks II."
Mr. Cupcake appears to be physically fit. He has tiny white eyes, a brown mustache, a pink nose, orange arms and legs, and brown eyebrows. He's covered with vanilla frosting and has a few blue sprinkles on top of him. He wears only a blue foil wrapper, which covers his chocolate body.
In his pure elemental form, he is completely made of candy and has a bright green head, a blue body, pink arms, and purple eyes.
- "Slumber Party Panic" (debut)
- "The Enchiridion!"
- "Ricardio the Heart Guy"
- "What Have You Done?"
- "Mystery Train"
- "Video Makers"
- "Fionna and Cake" (gender-swapped as Ms. Cupcake)
- "No One Can Hear You" (unofficial)
- "Hug Wolf"
- "You Made Me"
- "All the Little People" (as a toy)
- "A Glitch is a Glitch"
- "The Suitor"
- "Time Sandwich"
- "We Fixed a Truck"
- "Root Beer Guy"
- "Lemonhope Part 1" (as a real cupcake)
- "The Prince Who Wanted Everything" (gender-swapped as Ms. Cupcake)
- "Be Sweet"
- "Hot Diggity Doom"
- "The Dark Cloud"
- "The Music Hole"
- "The Invitation"
- "Hero Heart" (Elemental Transformed)
- "Skyhooks II"
- "Son of Rap Bear" (cameo)
- "Seventeen" (flashback)
- "Come Along With Me" (cameo)
- Usually, Mr. Cupcake wears his wrapper, but in the first part of "Slumber Party Panic" when all the Candy People are walking in to the castle, his wrapper is missing, and one can see in that part that he is indeed chocolate.
- His gender-swapped version, Ms. Cupcake, appears in the "Fionna and Cake" theme song.
- Mr. Cupcake's accent changes between his two speaking roles in "Slumber Party Panic" and "Video Makers."
- Original artwork for Mr. Cupcake had his arms and legs colored blue (similar to the shade of his wrapper), but they were changed to orange prior to the production of the show.
- In "A Glitch is a Glitch," Finn picks up Mr. Cupcake who disappears due to Ice King's glitch. Finn then tries to pick up Sugar Cube, who says "No way, I saw what happened when you picked up Todd." Mr. Cupcake's first name is Todd in the movie in "Video Makers." His first name is confirmed in "The Invitation" when Chocoberry says "I'm right here, Todd!"
- In "Lemonhope Part 1," When Princess Bubblegum opened up the cupcake cabinet, the top right corner had a cupcake that looked exactly like Mr. Cupcake, It had a blue wrapper, white icing, and a mustache.
- As of June 7, there is a Mr. Cupcake cut-out on the official site.
Jake, truth or dare?
Do you prefer chocolate or fudge?
I don't hear her complaining.
I can't, Princess! My arm is broken!
—"You Made Me"