Adventure Time: Distant Lands is a four-part web television special from the American animated television series Adventure Time created by Pendleton Ward and produced by Frederator Studios. The special titled "BMO" premiered on HBO Max on June 25, 2020.
HBO Max is taking us back to the Land of Ooo with four new Adventure Time specials, billed as Adventure Time: Distant Lands; the one-hour episodes will reunite fans with characters from the original series, which wrapped its 10-season run on Cartoon Network in 2018.
The episodes, in order, are:
- Prior to the official announcement on October 24, 2019, the special was kept secret and the project was referred to with the name of a non-existent show, Rumble Jaw. The faux name was made by Kate Tsang.
- Finn appears to have a new metal prosthetic arm after losing his other one in "Come Along With Me".
- There was a sneak peek for the episodes before their debut.
- The sword that Finn is holding in the poster is similar to the Rod of Asclepius, otherwise known as the symbol of medicine.
- Adam Muto was inspired to take Adventure Time into the distant land special towards the end of the show when they were having some success with miniseries.
- Adam says "Wizard City" and "Together Again" will follow the same patterns as BMO and Obsidian, where areas that were experienced before or not were investigated.
- Adam Muto Twitter 11/06/2019
- San Diego Comic Con (2020-07-24). "HBO Max and Cartoon Network Studios: Adventure Time: Distant Lands | Comic-Con@Home 2020". YouTube. Retrieved on July 24, 2020.